According to the calendar released by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower, there are seven long weekends in 2023 out of Singapore’s eleven public holidays. We really shouldn’t complain, considering how we’ve had only four long weekends in 2018, and four in 2019 including a bumper bonus of four consecutive days in August.
If you’re looking to make full use of your days off, you will be glad to know that Hari Raya Haji will fall on a Thursday, on 29 June, which leaves you room for an extended break.
And what a four-day weekend really means, is the viability of trips to places that’re slightly further away, like Bali, Perth, Cairns, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Tokyo, and more! Before you start planning your trip, be sure to discuss this with your colleauges because we are sure you won't be the only one eyeing the extended break!
List of public holidays in 2023:
• Sunday, January 1, New Years Day
• Sunday, January 22, Chinese New Year
• Monday, January 23, Chinese New Year
• Friday, April 7, Good Friday
• Saturday, April 22, Hari Raya Puasa
• Monday, May 1, Labour Day
• Friday, June 3, Vesak Day
• Thursday, June 29, Hari Raya Haji
• Wednesday, August 9, National Day
• Sunday, November 12, Deepavali
• Monday, December 25, Christmas Day
Note that for public holidays that fall on a Sunday, the following Monday will be a public holiday.